Saturday, 31 August 2013

The Great Cake Disaster

I'm behind....way behind! But such is life with 3 kids and a full time job.

We celebrated Gemma's 3rd Birthday back in July. She chose a 101 Dalmations cake this year. Things were going great, the cake was baked, cooled, and ready for decorating. Then disaster hit! It looked like this...


And this was the aftermath...


Someone likes cake.

I now had a dilemma. Do I bake another cake? This would put me way behind schedule. Or do I fake it? But how do you fake this one?

After some brainstorming with my sisters (and a lot of laughs on their end), we concluded that I should be able to fake it. This is a dog, dog's like balls. Faking it...here we come!

I baked some cupcakes to get the ball shape, carefully carved out a space for the "ball" and inserted accordingly.

Here is the finished product...


Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

Another successful Birthday Cake adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment