Monday, 10 September 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alright people, here it is! My super secret, I'd-tell-but-then-I'd-have-to-kill-you, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. 



Just kidding, I got the recipe from the Focus on 4-H Favorites cookbook. 

Hard to tell by the picture, but this cookbook is very well loved

These don't last even a week in my house and I always make a double batch. My husband eats these by the handfuls, as in 5 or 6 cookies in each hand (ask anyone at a horse show, they'd attest to it). 

Just a note, if you don't like sugar, these cookies are not for you. There is a lot of sugar in these, but they are oh-so-good and I don't care.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. Margarine
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. White Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-1/2 c. Rolled Oats
2 c. Flour
1 c. Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda

Cream together margarine and sugars. Add remaining ingredients. 
My Bosch Mixer working it's magic!

Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 


Once cooled, I store these cookies in a glass jar and find that they stay nice and chewy for as long as they last. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment