Tuesday, 7 February 2012

A Love Story

 
If you would have told me that I would meet my soul-mate and love of my life at 24 and marry him just 14 months later I would have laughed in your face and called you crazy! But that is exactly how it happened. As previously mentioned, Lachlan showed up in an unexpected place at an unexpected time from an unexpected location.

Tiny tidbit – my husband is Australian! Yes, he has that sexy Aussie accent and despite living in Canada for the last 7 years he hasn’t lost it. I believe that is all thanks to me, I told him if he loses that accent I am shipping him back J

So let’s rewind 7 years. I am a busy, hard-working, fun-loving 24 year old. I live with my sister, am studying for my Kinesiology degree and working 30+ hours a week at a tack store to pay for housing, school, food and other necessities. It has been a great summer and fall, with a lot of fun and numerous dates - nothing serious, just all fun and carefree. October arrives, my mood shifts. It’s not as fun anymore. In fact, on that momentous morning as my sister and I stood in the bathroom getting ready to go to work, I uttered these words:

“You know Erin, I’ve had a great time in the last few months, but I’m getting tired of this. I just want to find a really nice guy, that treats me really well, and get back into a serious relationship”


Less than 4 hours later, my husband walked into my life.


1 comment:

  1. I know this story better than most... and yet it makes me smile and warms my heart everytime I hear it! True Love really does exist! (and I think it works in just this manner)

    ReplyDelete