Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Bowling

Last week I went to the farm to visit my parents. On Friday Auntie Echo had a surprise for my kids...going bowling! My kids have never been bowling before and I have to say they were a little reluctant at first. Echo had to throw the first ball to show Blade how it's done, then coax him to throw the second. By the third, he was a pro.

Highlight of the night was watching Blade. He had quite the antics  to get the best performance from his ball, from jumping after throwing the ball to crouching over, hand on his hips. At on point he even pulled his (play) cell phone out of his pocket after throwing a ball and talked on it while the ball made the trip down the lane. He had a bit of time to chat, his ball didn't roll very fast. Sadly, I didn't get a chance to take a picture :(

Gemma took a lot more convincing to play. She mostly just wanted to hang out with Grandpa - it's hard to bowl when you have to counter-balance!

When I finally convinced her to try to throw a ball, I had to make sure to give it an extra push to make sure it was going to get all the way down the lane.

She did like seeing the pins fall down once it finally made it down there.

I just love that they had bowling shoes little enough for the kids.
All-in-all, it was a great evening with my family and something we'll have to do again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment