Monday, 30 January 2012

My Crazy Cool Brother

This is my brother Clint.


He's a bit younger then me, the absolute middle child in a family with 5 children.


Yup, that's him in the middle. He makes me laugh - a lot!

I love him.

He is my best friend. We used to do everything together - used to because he moved away from me.

Far, far away.

Three things about my brother:

1. He's smarter then me.

When we were in High School, he took Biology 30 at the same time as me. It was embarresing. Not because my little brother was in the same class as me, but because he got better grades then me. And he copied my homework. And I let him.

See, he's smarter then me.

2. He's braver then me too.

A few years ago he decided that he wanted to go to Australia. So he bought a ticket and jumped on a plane. By himself. And there was no one to meet him on the other end at the Airport. He was traveling solo.

I could never get on a plane by myself, especially if no one was meeting me on the other end. I could never travel solo. I think I would have a heart attack. I'm not very brave.

See, he's braver then me.

3. He's cooler then me too.

He does cool things like moves to Australia for love. He married this ridiculously beautiful woman named Lea.


I'm so happy to have her as a Sister-In-Law. Best decision he ever made.

I made my Australian husband move to Canada because I'm afraid of snakes.

See, he's cooler (and braver) then me.

I didn't get to go to the wedding because I looked like this:


It broke my heart. I missed out on one of the happiest days of his life.

He likes cattle. Always has.


He can tell you more about Beef Cattle, Beef Production and Genetics then you will ever need to know.

He works in Russia and is setting up a Beef Production operation. He can't speak Russian.

See, he's braver then me.

I miss him.

I bet his wife misses him too, she's living in Australia.

He came home for a week over Christmas. Before that I hadn't seen him for over 2 years.

I cried when he hugged me.

It was great to celebrate the holidays with Clint & Lea. We had some great long chats. They weren't long enough.

Thank goodness for Skype and Facebook.

Clint told me to write a post about my Crazy Cool Brother. Here it is.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment