Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Turning 30

                As Tim McGraw sings it “I think I’ll take a moment, and celebrate my age. The ending of an era and the turning of the page”
It is here, I’ve reached the big 3-0! And I’m welcoming it with open arms. Although all my plans for life have not panned out, I’ve had a great life with many blessings and many adventures.  
My birthday celebration started last Friday.  My Best Friend surprised me with a trip to get my hair done (while she watched my kids). It was a nice time to relax and just enjoy some “me” time – something I don’t really allow myself. And you always feel fantastic after getting your hair done! I had a bit of down time in the afternoon before some family, close friends and I headed out to a local pub for wings (yummy!) and drinks before heading to the Hotel for more drinks. We had an awesome time! The highlight of the night, they actually asked for ID to make sure I was legal at the Hotel.
Saturday night I got to celebrate my birthday with my family. I decided rather than cooking we would order sushi and go pick it up – much easier to control the kids at home then in a sushi restaurant. It was nice to have someone else cook.
That brings me to today – my “actual” birthday. I have to say it has been pretty low key. A close friend brought me a Tim Horton’s Mocha (my favourite!) and we have a nice chat over coffee. From there the kids and I headed into Calgary to get Blade’s hair cut, go grocery shopping at Costco (yikes!) and finish up the groceries at Walmart. Once home we headed out to the barn to spend a little time with Lachlan before he had to go to an appointment this evening. I am completing my day finishing up this post and zoning out in from of the TV.  I haven’t done any laundry, dishes or cooking today, my own little gift to myself.
So here I am, 30 years old. I don’t feel any older as usual, but most days I have a hard time remembering my age at all (maybe that’s a sign of my age).  I truly believe the best is yet to come – because if my best days are behind me, I might as well die now.

No comments:

Post a Comment