Sunday, 3 April 2011

Meet my Family

As a glimpse into my life and an idea of who I am, I’d like you to meet my family. Now I come from quite a large band of parents, brothers and sisters (there is 5 of us kids), a sister-in-law, a sister-in-law to be, a nephew and a niece, so I’m going to keep it simple and limit it to just my immediate family.

The Love of My Life, my Soul-mate, Lachlan.


Not everyone believes in soul-mates, my husband included, but I always did, and I always knew he was out there and we would be together. Let me tell you, I did get discouraged at times believing that he was never going to show up and that I was going to have to settle for less, but he did show up, in an unexpected place at an unexpected time from an unexpected location (stay tuned for our story). Lachlan is my hard-working, loving, hilarious partner and I am so thankful for him in my life.

My son Blade, age 2 ½.


 What a character! I know I will regret saying this, but I really can’t wait until he starts talking clearly – I’m positive he has a wicked sense of humour (just like his Daddy!) He is such a boy in all things he does. He loves to run, jump, climb, wrestle and help whenever possible. Blade is constantly in motion, even in his sleep (he is both a cuddler and kicker in the night, I dread sharing a bed with him). He never ceases to amaze me in all ways.

My daughter Gemma, age 8 months.


After starting with a boy, and knowing boy things, I was leery of being blessed with a girl. I’m not a girly-girl and not sure I can keep up while she is turning out to be quite the little diva. But what a blessing she is and I wouldn’t trade her for the world. She has a determination and smile to die for! And what a little chatterbox. I’m not sure if it is a girl thing or a second child thing, but Gemma likes to tell us all what is going on, or what to do, depending on how you look at it.


So this is us, the Bells. We’re normal, we’re busy, we’re wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment